• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why Epics do not appear in my kanban backlog? Edited

Hello! Using Jira cloud, and trying to set up a new Kanban Project with a backlog. However, the Epic pane does not appear. (first image). The Epics somehow to appear in line with the stories (second image). (The data was migrated from another project)

Our Jira is very poorly set up. Any ideas?

I did notice the Epics are 'locked' but unsure what this means or how to change it. (refer to the third mage)

RMP board   Agile Board   RedMarker JIRA (1).pngRMP board   Agile Board   RedMarker JIRA (2).pngProject Red Marker Planning   Fields   RedMarker JIRA.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Closed :) (by me) 

The Epics Panel needs to be 'ticked'

RMP board   Agile Board   RedMarker JIRA (3).png

Could be too late, though might be helpful to others - if epics do not show, check the filter settings (Board settings > General > Filter > Edit filter query), could be that some users that are assigned to these Epics are not ticked or the Epics are not ticked in the statuses.

Like # people like this

for me issue was because of my board was filtered by a label and while creating the epic I was not assigning that label to my epic link. 

Ah, mine was the same. Thank you for pointing this out. You saved me a lot of time!

When I turn on display epics, I am seeing the epics panel, but the epics are not showing up on that panel. How can I fix that?

RMP board   Agile Board   RedMarker JIRA (3).png

I didn't see my epics appear because I missed adding "Epic" issue type in my filter query.

Now I can see my epics.

Please check if your filter query is proper?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you