Whether subscriber id can be a DL/service account instead of an individual user account?

Santhosh R January 14, 2021

Whether subscriber can be a DL/service account instead of an individual user account?

Emails are not being sent when a subscriber left the org. Hence would like to know whether subscriber email id can be a DL/service account instead of an individual person.

Thanks,

Santhosh

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hello @Santhosh R 

can you provide more details?
are you talking about filter subscribe.

All the ID or user related fields require an active email to work effectively.

Santhosh R January 15, 2021

Thank you for clarifying it Sudarshan:-) Yes I am working on the filter subscription. As my colleague left the org, JIRA has stopped sending the report. I had to re-subscribe it using my id. It started working. Hence to avoid this in future, looking for a solution to subscribe it using some service account instead of an individual account. Please let me know if its feasible?

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

I suggest for such situations:
create a team ID in your org and add it (a support ID)

you can check with your site jira admin to create a group for your team with specific team members.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-groups-and-update-permissions-744721627.html

Like Santhosh R likes this

Thanks Again Sudarshan. Will refer the link. Appreciate your help and time on this:-)

Like Sudarshan likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

What do you mean by "subscriber"?

HI Nic,

I was referring to filter subscription. 

Suggest an answer