• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Where do I update the Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the JIRA login page and where is this property stored?

Where do I update the Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the JIRA login page and where is this property stored?

Mustafa Shah August 13, 2012

There is a Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the login page in JIRA where you enter your credentials to login to the system. Does anyone know where this setting is stored and how can it be updated? Please note this link is different from the Contact Administrators form on the login page. Please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Try this FAQ page:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Thank you Septa, more information for me.

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

This link seems to be gone now

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

This post is nearly 4 years old. 

Have a look in Admin -> General configuration though, it's now in there.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2012

What do you mean by "setting"? The link is in a footer.vm file, but there's no settings around it.

I see, we have configured the Contact JIRA Administrators to use our company's email domain. When a User wants to report a problem and sends an email using the Contact Administrators link on the Login page, will the email come to the Administrators as well as get routed to another email address? Is there a way to check if the message or email is being routed to any other email address besides ours? Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2012

Ah, I see.

The link takes you to a page with a list of people who have Jira Administration rights on it, if you've installed Jira off-the-shelf. These are, of course, Jira accounts with associated emails, so the mails go to their Jira accounts.

If you've customised that contact page, then there's no way I can know, you'll need to read your customisations.

Hi Nic, the emails go to the JIRA Administrators which are my Senior Analyst and myself but I wanted to check if the emails composed using the Contact JIRA Administrators link go anywhere else besides just coming to us. We have already setup an email address for the page but I wanted to confirm if the emails are being routed to another email address also? Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2012

You're missing the point - that screen gives you a list of users, who are admins, who you can then email.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events