• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Where do I update the Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the JIRA login page and where is this property stored?

Where do I update the Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the JIRA login page and where is this property stored?

There is a Contact Administrators link at the bottom of the login page in JIRA where you enter your credentials to login to the system. Does anyone know where this setting is stored and how can it be updated? Please note this link is different from the Contact Administrators form on the login page. Please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

Try this FAQ page:

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Thank you Septa, more information for me.

This link seems to be gone now

This post is nearly 4 years old. 

Have a look in Admin -> General configuration though, it's now in there.

0 vote

What do you mean by "setting"? The link is in a footer.vm file, but there's no settings around it.

I see, we have configured the Contact JIRA Administrators to use our company's email domain. When a User wants to report a problem and sends an email using the Contact Administrators link on the Login page, will the email come to the Administrators as well as get routed to another email address? Is there a way to check if the message or email is being routed to any other email address besides ours? Thank you.

Ah, I see.

The link takes you to a page with a list of people who have Jira Administration rights on it, if you've installed Jira off-the-shelf. These are, of course, Jira accounts with associated emails, so the mails go to their Jira accounts.

If you've customised that contact page, then there's no way I can know, you'll need to read your customisations.

Hi Nic, the emails go to the JIRA Administrators which are my Senior Analyst and myself but I wanted to check if the emails composed using the Contact JIRA Administrators link go anywhere else besides just coming to us. We have already setup an email address for the page but I wanted to confirm if the emails are being routed to another email address also? Thank you.

You're missing the point - that screen gives you a list of users, who are admins, who you can then email.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

768 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you