Where can I find an example of User Stories, Tasks, and Subtasks for a software development project?

Raeeq Osman January 19, 2018

My project is related to making enhancements to a client's web-based software tool. The back-end is a combination of .NET, C#, and SQL. These enhancements can range from improving functionality, changing tabs/views, etc. The team is fairly new to Agile and so I'm trying to find examples or template for a software development project so I can show them how Epics, User Stories, Tasks, and Subtasks might be drafted for such a project. While there is a sample project provided by Jira when you login, I wanted to find one specific to the type of project described above.

Greatly appreciate any help or being pointed in the right direction!

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

I recommend that you ask an Agile Coach, that is able to fully understand the team requirements. He/she can give then the best advice how to organize the work in Jira.

If you don't want to invest money, start first with a physical agile board and experiment for some sprints with the team - then you will most probably have figued out the likes/dislikes.

The important note is: there is no blue print for setting up an agile project valid for every situation. It fully depends on the individuals and their way to interact with each other.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events