Where can I find a case study of using JIRA+ Confluence for Test Management?

Paulie Rainbow January 7, 2014

We are evaluating Confluence with JIRA and I would like to look into any available case studies of using Confluence with JIRA for Test Managment. Where could I find that?

Also I would be interested in JIRA and/or Confluence with a plugin for Test Management if that was available.

I appreciate your help.

Paulie Rainbow

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Conde
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2014

Hi Paulie.

Sorry for the late response.

I suggest that you to take a look at Xray for JIRA. It is a test managment tool for JIRA that supports both manual and automated tests.

The test definition and execution are managed in JIRA but the 2 platforms (Confluence and JIRA) can exchange information in several ways.

You can link JIRA test issues to Confluence pages detailing environments and additional test information.

JIRA Reports and gadgets can be easly integrated in Confluence.

Xray for JIRA provides Requirements Coverage Gadgets that can also be visualized in both platforms.

In summary, you can use Xray for JIRA manage and execute tests and Confluence for documenting the testing process and presenting test reports for releases/projects.

HTH,

Bruno Conde.

0 votes
Paulie Rainbow January 7, 2014

Doesn't anyone know of a group using this combination? Or is this simply not possible?

Suggest an answer