Where/How can we get to know the ID value of Components etc..

Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012

Where/How can we get to know the ID value of Components etc..

7 answers

6 votes
Geoffrey Laparra June 15, 2016

Hello,

The easiest way I found is to go into an issue of the project you want to get the component ID.
Change/add the component needed and read the changes in the history tab 'All'
You will get something like this :

LAPARRA Geoffrey made changes - 5 minutes ago
Component/s                              My component [ 11509 ]

Sergey Pimenov September 9, 2017

Awesome! Many many thanks! )

Thomas Bithell December 20, 2017

This works for Jira 7x

1 vote
Thomas Bithell June 13, 2018

Simple way is to go to Components link in the Jira project. Then view the source code for the page and use CTRL-F to find the component in question. The ID can be found there.

\"id\":27223,\"name\":\"Vandals\",\"issuesCount\":9,\"issuesUrl\":\"/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+BWDEMO+AND+component+%3D+Vandals\",\

Thanks again Atlassian for making something that should be easy, harder yet. It used to be you could over the mouse over the component name and see the ID at the bottom of the browser. They screwed that up. 

1 vote
Deleted user June 13, 2018

hi,

i ran across this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-I-find-a-Component-ID-of-a-specific-Project/qaq-p/111851

It shows a lot of ID's including the component ID's.

Deleted user March 12, 2019

Super helpful. Thanks!

1 vote
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012
<dl><dd>Hi,</dd><dd></dd><dd> I am still not sure your developing plugin or you want to get it Directly.</dd><dd>but if your developing via plugin then make certern changes to code.</dd><dd></dd><dd>IF your implementing logic for all Unique components then </dd><dd>
final Set<JIRAConstant> components = issue.getComponents();
       if (components != null && components.size() > 0) {
</dd><dd>
           int i = 0;
             for (JIRAConstant component : components) {

</dd><dd>
component.getId(), component.getName();
</dd><dd>
//this way you can get all the components with id.

}
</dd><dt></dt><dt>if your implementing for the single component</dt><dt></dt></dl>
ProjectManager projectManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getProjectManager()
you could get the component object based on component object get the Component id.

<dl><dt></dt><dt></dt></dl>
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2012

thanks everyone for your answers

0 votes
Kim Wallace March 23, 2021

In Jira 8.13, you have to look in the page code when hovering over the Actions - if you hover over the name you just get the literal path. 

0 votes
Patrick Schneider May 9, 2016

Any idea how to get the ID in JIRA 7?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2012

It's been made a bit harder recently, probably the easiest way is to go to:

http://jira/browse/PKEY#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponents-panel

ie the components tab on Browse projects, then mouse over the components. The ID is the last part of the URL.

Or, you could look up in the database, or write a groovy script or something.

Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2012

Sorry for not being precise.

I know where its available in older jira versions, but in JIRA5.0 am unable to find the ID for Components

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2012

Its same for Jira 5.0 , Exit Administration>>Project>>Component Panel>>hover the mouse on the component name in the end of the url you will get the Component id.

Suggest an answer