Where/How can we get to know the ID value of Components etc..

Where/How can we get to know the ID value of Components etc..

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

The easiest way I found is to go into an issue of the project you want to get the component ID.
Change/add the component needed and read the changes in the history tab 'All'
You will get something like this :

LAPARRA Geoffrey made changes - 5 minutes ago
Component/s                              My component [ 11509 ]

Awesome! Many many thanks! )

This works for Jira 7x

It's been made a bit harder recently, probably the easiest way is to go to:

http://jira/browse/PKEY#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Acomponents-panel

ie the components tab on Browse projects, then mouse over the components. The ID is the last part of the URL.

Or, you could look up in the database, or write a groovy script or something.

Sorry for not being precise.

I know where its available in older jira versions, but in JIRA5.0 am unable to find the ID for Components

Mizan Community Champion Mar 27, 2012

Its same for Jira 5.0 , Exit Administration>>Project>>Component Panel>>hover the mouse on the component name in the end of the url you will get the Component id.

<dl><dd>Hi,</dd><dd></dd><dd> I am still not sure your developing plugin or you want to get it Directly.</dd><dd>but if your developing via plugin then make certern changes to code.</dd><dd></dd><dd>IF your implementing logic for all Unique components then </dd><dd>
final Set<JIRAConstant> components = issue.getComponents();
       if (components != null && components.size() > 0) {
</dd><dd>
           int i = 0;
             for (JIRAConstant component : components) {

</dd><dd>
component.getId(), component.getName();
</dd><dd>
//this way you can get all the components with id.

}
</dd><dt></dt><dt>if your implementing for the single component</dt><dt></dt></dl>
ProjectManager projectManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getProjectManager()
you could get the component object based on component object get the Component id.

<dl><dt></dt><dt></dt></dl>

thanks everyone for your answers

Any idea how to get the ID in JIRA 7?

hi,

i ran across this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-I-find-a-Component-ID-of-a-specific-Project/qaq-p/111851

It shows a lot of ID's including the component ID's.

Simple way is to go to Components link in the Jira project. Then view the source code for the page and use CTRL-F to find the component in question. The ID can be found there.

\"id\":27223,\"name\":\"Vandals\",\"issuesCount\":9,\"issuesUrl\":\"/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+BWDEMO+AND+component+%3D+Vandals\",\

Thanks again Atlassian for making something that should be easy, harder yet. It used to be you could over the mouse over the component name and see the ID at the bottom of the browser. They screwed that up. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you