When will next-gen projects be available in Jira Server-based installations

Donald Anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2018

Due to my company's security concerns, they have installed Jira on internal servers. 

They will not use Jira Cloud.

The next-gen projects seem way easier to create, configure, and management.

So, when will next-gen projects be available in Jira Server-based installations?

2 answers

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

As the release plan for Jira 8 is pretty well known, I wouldn't count on Next-Gen projects on server for at least another year. You always have to keep in mind what customers have installed & Atlassian must provide compatibility to their server / data center customer base. Passing on administration/management/configuration rights (as done in next gen projects) to users might not be in the best interest of server customers...

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

@Donald Anderson

There is no word yet regarding next-gen for JIRA server users.

Enhancements are still made at the cloud version:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software

Best,

Suggest an answer