We are currently upgrading from JIRA 6.1.6 to JIRA 6.3.15. We have noticed that at least one project that was using HTML in it's project description field is no longer rendering. We have changed the identified project to wiki-markup instead of HTML, but with over 400 more projects that will be updated over the next few weeks, I would like to get confirmation, in order to announce it to our users.
Referring to Project Descriptions (not custom field descriptions) you should have the option Enable HTML in project description in General Configuration I believe. (
It's probably set to OFF, but you should be able to turn it ON. I just checked an installation of JIRA 6.3.15 and it still had the option in the Admin panel.
I've had several customers with the same issue so I was pretty certain of what the issue was: I believe you are correct in how that behaves. And it was no problem, I love to help. For the record, I prefer to have it "Off" because then the Description supports Wikicode (so you get the panels and tables included there) and my usual customers don't know how to write arbitrary HTML or have a use for it anyway.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs