• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • When an issue is linked to another issue as a duplicate will the state of the duplicate automatically track that of the original issue

When an issue is linked to another issue as a duplicate will the state of the duplicate automatically track that of the original issue

Dennis Costa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2012

When an issue is linked to another issue as a duplicate will the state of the duplicate automatically track that of the original issue? Or do I manually have to change the state of the duplicate when the oringal issue changes state?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2012

Hi,

the issues are independent. You have to manually change the state. If we have a duplicate issue, we close it and link it to the other one, so everyone can see, there is another issue where the problem is handled.

Best regards

Thomas

0 votes
Dennis Costa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2012

Thanks for the quick response

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events