Whats the best way to track bugs and their root cause on a dashboard in Jira

James Bell January 31, 2021

Whats the best way to track bugs and their root cause on a dashboard in Jira. 

Currently our QA team have a dashboard sets up which tracks the priority of the bug, the bug description, time to resolution and epic link. 

As a new starter for me the problem is the epic link - the business currently use that value to flag problem areas and highlight where they should focus on. 

However, I use that field to track my road map in Jira. If I use this epic link to categorise bugs then my road map is cluttered. 

Is there another way to categorise bugs which will be visible on a dashboard? 

2 answers

0 votes
Jamie Young April 5, 2024

Would this be sufficient to track bugs with their linked issue along with capability?  Do you have a visual example of your bug tracking dashboard?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

If your Bugs are associated with an epic via Epic Link (Classic project) then you could certainly use the Epic Link as part of your Bug Dashboard whic would be completely separate from the roadmap. Now I don’t use roadmaps as yet as I haven’t had the need. I do know that Advanced roadmaps provides a great deal of flexibility to manage exclusions from your plan but unsure if basic roadmaps provided in Standard plan provide such a solution. However. I do know that basic roadmaps are tied to a specific Board so you could consider excluding the Bug Issuetype from the Board where you have Roadmap enabled and rely on your Bug Dashboard to monitor bugs.

Suggest an answer