What to do with Workflow of an Archived project

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Dear all,

We are running a phase of archiving old project from our Jira instance.

The fuzzy points we have based on this archived process is that a project can use it's own scheeme for WF, Screen, etc...

If I archive a project, those related schemes remains available in Jira. What is the proper way to archive them at same time as the project ?

- Should we simply desable them ? doinf so they will apears in Inactive section and can potentially be deleted by mistake

- should I archive then somewhere ?

thanks for your advise

regards

serge

2 answers

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I ma not sure which version of Jira Server you are using. I presume you should go through these articles before archiving your projects to get the best insight to what happens post archival  - 

1. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/archiving-a-project-in-jira-server-950287459.html
  2. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-project-938847621.html

Important Note - 

"

• You must have the Jira Administrator or Jira System Administrator global permission to archive or restore projects.

• You don't have to prepare a project in any way before archiving it. You can archive any project, and restore it later, if needed.

"

Please accept if it answers your query else respond and allow others to share input.

Stay safe and healthy.

Cheers

Suvradip

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2021

hello @Suvradip , I am sorry to say that we need to prepare a WF before archiving it it cannot be done like a single click as you mentionned.

We need to know what will happen with scheemes, how to archives correctly the scheems in case we want to recover the project at some point for some reason.

Please note that if I ask you this question is that I am an admin of instances and I have run already on a lot of different information

regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

You can't archive schemes, there's no functionality for it.  Nothing happens to schemes when you archive a project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

You can not "disable" a scheme.  The active/inactive flag is simply an indicator of whether an object is in use (one or more projects are associated with it).

The only "archive" you can do with schemes is "not delete it"

Suggest an answer