What specific permissions are needed to move an issue to another project?

CharleneE September 8, 2015

We have dedicated teams for each project. Sometimes issues are added to the wrong project and I'm trying to set up permissions so someone can move an item into their project. I haven't been able to get this set up right - either the person doesn't have access to move from the source project or to the target project.

What are the specific permissions need to allow someone to move an issue into their project?

5 answers

0 votes
Bryan McMillan September 8, 2015

Paulo,

I think I already said this commenting on Gabrielle's post.

Bryan

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2015

Hey Bryan,
When the issue is moved to a new project, this project will "see" the issue as a new issue, which is the reason that you should have the Create Issue permissions.

0 votes

Charlene,

My bad, Gabrielle is correct in that you also need create permissions.

Bryan

0 votes

Charlene,

From just a permissions point of view you must have 'move' permissions.  However, keep in mind you also have to have a issue/field mapping between the originating project as well as the receiving project, which JIRA will graciously ask you after you start the move.

Regards,

Bryan

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

A combination. Check the "Move Permission" of both the projects and the "Create Permission".

Suggest an answer