What is the easy way to delete all the issues and projects from JIRA?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

I need a new instance with a fresh installation build for my support team. I dont need projects and issues in that but i need all the schemes and custom field definitions. What is the best way for doing that?

1 answer

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2012

Using JIRA CLI to delete projects will probably be the easiest option!

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface#JIRACommandLineInterface-Usage

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2012

Specifically deleteProject and one of the run actions like runFromList

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2012

Can you please share if there is any brief notes available on runFromList ? I have around 500 projects, 5000 users and 30000 filters to delete from our intance. Please advise.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2012

See ACLI-58 or to see a specific use case - Script to configure space themes

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Hi Bob,

When i delete a project with 8000 issues i am getting SocketTimeOutException. Can you please advise?

Remote error: ; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Either subset the deletes or use the timeout support discussed with ACLI-72 . Were any of the users deleted before the timeout?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

I started deleting the projects first because it deletes the issues, versions & components. I planned to delete the users after cleaning of projects. I will set the timeout and start deleting the same project again. Will it impact the jira socket connection time out if i set the connection & socket timeouts values of Confluence which was suggested in ACLI-72?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2012

Not sure what you are saying. I would just use the connectionTimeout on the action command and hope that handles the problem.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

I am able to delete the projects and users successfully. Just to have a double check, I verified and PROJECT, JIRAISSUE, CUSTOMFIELDOPTION, CWD_USER, USERBASE tables in the database and found that they are empty. I found JIRAISSUE_TEMP table is having data. Why is it so having the data? What other tables i need to verify to make sure my instance is clean. Please suggest.

Suggest an answer