What is meaning of 'Retire' status test in JIRA

Madhu U
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2024

We are using x-ray to track the executions. since we are adding sprint value while creating the tests, we have been asked to close the tests as they coming in the backlogs after sprint completion. Can I get any suggestion to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

Madhu

1 answer

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2024

Hi @Madhu U Welcome to the community!

Tests might be automatically appearing in the backlog because they are assigned to a sprint.

One approach is to avoid setting the sprint field for tests altogether. Typically, tests should not be tied directly to sprints but rather linked to stories or epics that belong to the sprint.

To avoid tests appearing in the backlog after sprint completion, you can either avoid assigning the sprint field to tests, use a separate Kanban board for test management, or implement automation and filters to automatically close tests.

Suggest an answer