What do I need to change to my filter to help show a denominator for my issues reporting?

samuel_cherry March 30, 2020

So when the reporting is showing on the dashboard, they want to see the percentage of issues completed compared to what is open. So lets so I had 5 issues linked to on epic, and 1 is done, while the rest are still in progress, that would be 1 out of 5 done, but we are wanting to see what the difference in percentage would be. This is the current filter I have setup in my reporting: 

project in (APPMGRDBRD, "POC App Mgr Scrum 1", "POC App Mgr Scrum 2", "POC App Mgr Scrum 3", "POC App Mgr Kanban 1") AND resolution is not EMPTY AND project in (31120, 31121, 31117, 31118, 31119) AND cf[12702] = APPMGRDBRD-1

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2020

Hi @samuel_cherry

This isn't to do with your filter as such - although:

• You'd need to remove resolution is not EMPTY to visualise done issues and...
  • Not sure why you have project in there twice

^ You'll need to find a dashboard gadget which provides the view you require. Whilst it does not provide percentages, the two-dimensional filter gadget could provide a view of Done vs Not Done.

You could also consider creating a created vs resolved gadget per project as a visual representation of completion?

Bar this, the alternatives I can think of are:

• Use estimation to provide a view of Done vs Not Done if you're not using it - for example, add 1 story point per issue so you can track number of issues on burndowns, etc.
  • Look for more gadgets on the Atlassian Marketplace, such as Status & Progress Report Gadget
  • Visualise the data in Confluence using existing charts and tables, or a more powerful visualisation app - such as Table Filter and Charts
  • Export the data and create the visualisation using excel or a suitable BI Tool

Ste

Suggest an answer