What authentication options are there for Jira Cloud?

Davina Tsosie December 21, 2017

What is the JIRA Cloud default authentication method?

Where can I find this information in JIRA Cloud settings?

Thank you,
Davina

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

The default authentication is Atlassian accounts, but you can also use SAML or Google Apps integration. Check out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/other-atlassian-evaluator-resources/atlassian-cloud-authentication-saml-sso-google-apps-atlassian-account-and-ldap

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

P.S. You may want to change the title to be more descriptive of your question, maybe "What authentication options are there for Jira Cloud".

Davina Tsosie December 21, 2017

I found information regarding available options. I was specifically looking for the default method or the method I was using. Thanks for your help.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

If you have not set up a different authentication option, then you are using Atlassian account. You can check that by going to your profile

User Profile.png

Davina Tsosie January 8, 2018

Where might I be able to find the password policy settings for JIRA Cloud? Expiration date, password length, required fields and evidence of last modification of password.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

If you are using Atlassian account as your authentication then you have no control over the password policy and are limited what data you can see, basically just when they last logged on.  If you want to be able to set password policies you would need Identity Manager or G Suite.

Davina Tsosie January 9, 2018

What is the Atlassian account password policy? I'm being asked these questions by auditors. They would like to know the general password requirements for Atlassian (i.e. the password length, complexity, age, lockout policy, etc.), is this something you can provide for me?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

I briefly looked at the user agreement and there is nothing in there, and if you change your password it does not say anything about a policy, it only shows you if the password is week or strong. You also have the option to enable two-step authentication.

You may want to send Atlassian a question and ask, you can use this form for it, https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/general-inquiries.

Suggest an answer