WebSeal

Naomi Rafael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2015

We have Jira V6.3.7 installed on a Windows server.  We have a WebSeal (v6.1) server in the DMZ as authenticating reverse proxy.  I would like to configure a WebSeal junction to JIRA to facilitate external access.  So far, the junction I have configured allows traffic to the Administration module of JIRA but the gadgets do not work.  I don't understand the answers to the questions in the knowledge base as I am not familiar with programming JIRA.  Would someone out there be able to offer an answer with fewer assumptions about JIRA internals knowledge?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Naomi Rafael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2015

Hi Roland,

If you find the answer to my question, please let me know.  Here is the junction create command I used:

server task [websl_instance-webseald-websl_server] create -t tcp -h [server.domain.org.au] -p 8080 -f -i /jira

I also attached this junction to an open acl so WebSeal does not challenge the user for credentials.  I do not have single sign-on with JIRA at this point.

acl attach [/WebSEAL/websl_server-websl_instance]/jira acl-open

Regards,

Naomi Rafael

0 votes
Roland Vlerick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2015

Hello,

I would like to put JIRA behind a webseal . I was wondering if you could share the junctions used for this ?

Kind Regards

Roland

Suggest an answer