Web-Based Checkout -> SourceTree Not Happening on the Mac

Ferris Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2018

Good morning, all. 

Recently I was having issues with communication between our Bitbucket web-hosted repo and SourceTree 3.0.0 (and later 3.0.1) running on my Mac (currently on Mojave 10.14.1).

The scenario would generally be: 

* Review tickets in JIRA 
* Select "+ Create branch"
* On bitbucket.org create a branch per usual
* Choose "Check Out in SourceTree"

This would then switch focus to SourceTree as expected, but nothing further would happen. 

Checking/fetching Origin from both within SourceTree (and the web interface) showed the branch was created successfully. The branch can be selected and checked out as expected. There appears to be a failure between the web interface and the local handling of the request (in this case a sourcetree://checkoutRef request). 

* Watching the network traffic in Chrome the request was cancelled. I also tested the same in Safari and Firefox; they all behaved the same.
* Checking default app assignments on my local the sourcetree:// protocol was assigned correctly to SourceTree 3.0.0 (and 3.0.1 after updating recently).

I brought this to the attention of the support team at SourceTree and, while they couldn't reproduce the issue, they said this had been a reported issue in versions prior to 2.7.4 and suggested I try and roll back to that and see if the behavior persists. 

Taking that advice the issue was righted itself and the communication between the web interface and SourceTree is working as expected. 

This has been communicated to Support and the rep said he would notify the development team that the old issue may have reappeared.

Hope this helps anyone else who might be experiencing similar issues.

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Wann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2019

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2018

Hi Ferris,

Thank you for the report, we're investigating for a future update. You can file a ticket directly in the future for us to triage and skip the support queue entirely.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer