We want two fields in our Jira report - Employee ID and Project ID. How can we add these two in JIRA

saikat.kar June 25, 2020

We want two fields in our Jira report - Employee ID and Project ID. How can we add these two in JIRA ?

This JIRA is being used by our developers and we pull out Timesheet end of every week or month for client approval.

I have raised a support ticket for this. Awaiting for their respond.

Its little urgent. Any reply would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2020

Hi,

It should be possible to select needed fields in Additional Fields, if you are using Prime Timesheet. If it does not work please let me know request that you opened with support.

Thank you.

saikat.kar June 26, 2020

Here is the Support ticket : JST-583247 

saikat.kar June 27, 2020

Actually We want to tag employee id to the user level so that we can pull up a JIRA Time sheet report for our developers.

We are referring to the below link to find a solution to the requirement:

Add a User property :

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWEC/pages/95649854/Add+edit+delete+user+entity+properties+in+User+property+editor

However the challenge is that we don't see " Add-on" options in our JIRA as mentioned in the above link. I have admin rights on this JIRA.

If the "Add-on" option is not available in our JIRA then whats the other way out to get the field (Employee ID) added?

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2020

Right, it's not possible for add-ons to access Jira User Properties.

However, I think we could add something similar in app itself, so it will be necessary to define custom user properties on app level, similarly to Hourly Rates, for Cost Report, as described here https://primetimesheet.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/blog/2020/01/21/861339649/Cost+Report.

Please let me know you think it will suite your needs and how would you then expect it to be presented in report.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events