We are no longer able to use templates on issues after upgrade to 8.5.1? Anyone seen this issue?

Abe_Roba December 23, 2019

We are no longer able to use templates on issues after upgrade to 8.5.1? Anyone seen this issue?  Worked in 7.13 version.  Template plugin seems fine.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Can you add a little more detail about what add-on what you are doing with the template yhat is not working?

Abe_Roba December 23, 2019

So if you open an issue and go to More and select a template to use from the drop down, it errors out.

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

So this must be from an add-on? I am running 8.5.1 in our test environment and I don't see any templates in the drop down when viewing an issue. If that is the case I suggest you

1. Uninstall the add-on 

2. Shut down Jira and clear the plugin cache

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-27314

3. Reinstall the add-on after you restart. 

There are major changes to the core and Rest API's in the 8.x release and this may solve your issue.

Like Petr Vaníček likes this

Suggest an answer