Way to show "Done" issues in backlog?

Tyler Huntley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2018

My filter query is set to show all issues within a project - all Statuses. When editing the Filter, I see all issues, including Done. However, the issues marked as "Done" do not appear when looking at the backlog itself.

What could be causing that? Is the backlog set to automatically filter out all "Done" issues, even if they're included in the filter query?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2018

A backlog is not supposed to show "done" issues - it's for issues that need some actions, and by definition an issue that is "done" does not need action.

The backlog will automatically ignore anything the board says is done (right hand column)

Matthew Thorley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2018

Is there a way to override that behavior? If not it would be nice if it were added, or if I could provide a filter query for the backlog view.

Like Lars Behnke likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

No, because a done issue should not be in the backlog.  It's finished with, and a backlog is a list of outstanding work.

Suggest an answer