Way to capture the data of Lock field from .csv file through JiraCli.

Kailash Pathak February 10, 2014

Hi ,

I am trying to upload data from .csv file for field "Epic" but Not succefull. Then in one my thread that i put here come to know that "Epic" field might be Locked that the reason data of the "Epic" field is not importing from .csv file though JiraCli.

But when i ask my JIRA Admin to unlock this field they refuess because in past due to some issue they locked it and its come Locked from JIRA side by default now.

Now My Question is there is any way to capture the data of that of Lock field.

Thanks a Lot in Advanced !

Regards,

-KP

2 answers

0 votes
Kailash Pathak February 12, 2014

Bob.

I am using 3.8.0 version of JIRA Cli.

Please help me in this problem.

By Csv contin following colums:

Action (CreateIssue)
Type (Epic)
Epic Name (epicname)

And Proper file

field.Type = Type
field.Epic Name = Epic Name

Regards,

Kailash Pathak

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

You keep asking for help, but do not provide useful information what how to reproduce the problem you are having. Open an issue and provide details including log of the action and your configuration properties, etc...

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

I am able to update the "Epic Name" field via CLI even if it is locked. However, it must be an issue of type "Epic" - that field is not defined for other types.

Kailash Pathak February 10, 2014

Bob,

So what would the reason behind that ? I use both "Epic","Epic Name" in my property file. Still i am not able to import the data.

Please Help.

Regards,

Kp

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

I don't know, you have to figure it out on your system. Do simple first from the command line:

1. Create an issue of type epic using createIssue with --field "Epic Name" --value epicname
  2. Go to the issue in the UI and see what it looks like - is the epic name set?
  3. Use updateIssue to set the epic name to something else
  4. Does that work?

Kailash Pathak February 11, 2014

Hi Bob,

I try the above step below 2 warning message is coming

Warning: user is not an administrator. Custom fields cannot be validated. Use correct custom field ids!

Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: {customfield_10673=Epic Name is required.} : []

Please help

Regards,

KP

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Are you using a different user id? As the message says, only admistrators have access to the custom field names, others had to use ids. However, an updated JCLI release (3.8 at least) provides access to custom fields by name as well as id to non-administrators too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events