Want to remove message from header of jira dashboard which is coming after installing valid license for a plugin.

Kamal Saini October 24, 2013

Hi,

I am getting a message on top/header of jira dashboard after installing a valid license for a plugin in jira. This message says that now the plugin is available and you can use it. It also have a link to "Dismiss" that message for logged in user and after clicking on "Dismiss" it will disappear and never comes back for that user but as an admin I want to remove it for all of the jira users.

Can anybody let me know how to do this?

Thanks,

Kamal

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kamal Saini October 28, 2013

Got this response from Jira client plugin support team. To remove the notification, please do the following:

1) Go to Administration|Plugins|Manage Add-ons;

2) Find JIRA Client among the installed Add-ons and expand its row;

3) Click the link that says “23 of 23 modules enabled”;

4) Find module called Use JIRA Client notification and click the Disable button to the right of the name;

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2013

Kamal,

Is it only for Jira Client that you get this message?

Because Jira Client is actually a desktop application, I would assume that this message simply indicates that you can now download it to your desktop.

And I don't think you can dismiss it for everybody I'm sorry.

Best regards,

Peter

Kamal Saini October 27, 2013

Thanks for the clarification Peter.

Yes, I am getting this message for Jira Client only.

0 votes

Hi Timothy/Peter,

This is not true actually. The messages is shown to normal(other then admin or who installed the plugin) users as well. It is visible only on dashboard. For more information I have installed an evaluation license of Jira Client and message displayed is "JIRA Client is available for this JIRA. Download Jira Client | Dismiss"

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

Kamal

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2013

That kind of messages is only shown to the Jira administrator users. So it should never appear for all the other users.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Timothy/Peter,

This is not true actually. The message is shown to normal(other then admin or who installed the plugin) users as well. It is visible only on dashboard. For more information I have installed an evaluation license of Jira Client and message displayed is "JIRA Client is available for this JIRA. Download Jira Client | Dismiss"

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

Kamal

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Screenshots?

Here is the image :

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Huh? That message is only shown to the person who installed that license right? How can another user see what you are doing?

Suggest an answer