View Subtasks and Tasks structured

Tobi Schulte August 10, 2015

Hi!

I have a lot of tasks with subtasks. If go to My open Issues I can see all open tasks. Is there a way to see that subtasks belong to what task? Maybe a dashboard or something?

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2015

Hi, Tobi.

If you access the subtask you'll be able to see the parent in the top of the screen, even on the search screen.

If you want to search for subtasks of a specific parent, you can use the function (subtasksOf).

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Tobi Schulte August 11, 2015

Hi! thanks for the answer. This is good to know but I was actually looking for something like: -Task1 ----Subtask1 ----Subtask2 -Task2 ----Subtask1 ----Subtask2

Cat November 26, 2015

Yes, this is also what I am looking for. Please advise if there is a way to display (in a dashboard for example) how the tssks and subtasks are structured, and the option of displaying only the tasks (and not subtasks). Thx!

Denise Jones December 3, 2015

I am also looking for this, it is works sorting by key but only if you add them in order - but not being perfect I find I missed one and have to enter it later. there is no way to see the task and it relatives at a high level list on the issue screen, there are many sort options there but you have to know the name of the sort field to access it. I checked them out using one letter at a time. This is a biggie for me going forward.

Suggest an answer