Verify Domain

Aline Carvalho October 4, 2024

If I verify 4 domains we have, will I have any problems with the users already registered? What would be the behavior after this verification?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samuel Gatica
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2024

Hi @Aline Carvalho 

When you verify accounts, Atlassian informs users with the appropriate domain that your organization manages the accounts when they access their profile (Permission or access will not be changed).

After Atlassian verify you own a domain, you’ll be prompted to claim accounts associated with the domain so you can manage them.

When you claim accounts, you may see more users than you expect already have Atlassian accounts. You may even see accounts in your organization for users who don't use your company’s Atlassian products. This is because anyone can create an Atlassian account.

To find out which accounts on your domain have Atlassian accounts, you can export and review a list of the accounts before you claim them. See ‘Review accounts before you claim’ below for instructions on how to do this.

Best regards

Sam

Thanks for the quick return. I have one more question. 
Besides the prompt, nothing changes for the user, right? They will continue to log in with username/password or Google Federation (as it is currently).

Samuel Gatica
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2024

Hi @Aline Carvalho 

Nothing will change, they will continue log in with the same username/password. But now the Admin will have more control over the account (make changes to the accounts).

Best regards

Sam

Thank you very much!!
I said it would be the last question, but I lied, sorry!! . To configure SSO, would I have to have Atlassian Guard?

Samuel Gatica
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2024

Yes, for SSO you must have the Atlassian Guard subscription.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the "Accept Answer" button if you feel the question has been answered correctly!

Best regards

Sam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events