Velocity Chart "Completed" = 0 after a migration to a different workflow

Tom Gross June 6, 2016

Team members said their prior Sprint's Velocity charts "Completed" values appeared OK prior to us migrating them to a new workflow.  The old workflow had a single "Done" status.  Now we have a "Complete" "Canceled" and "Releasable" status with the new workflow.  We typically map the "Done" status to "Complete" when doing the migration via the JIRA GUI.

I updated the project board and mapped the 3 new statuses to the rightmost column,  but all the completed values on the Velocity chart are 0 for the old Sprints.

I noticed that when you change the workflow you don't get prompted to update the resolution, so I assume the resolution is carried to the new status.

1) Beside the status column being mapped to the right-most column on the board, is there anything else that might be messing things up? 

2) Is the migration to the new workflows messing up a timestamp somewhere and causing these prior Sprints to show "Completed" = 0? 

3) Is there something I can do on the database side to fix the issue ... Update a field?

-TG

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

The resolution is carried over, like any other value. If you mapped these new statuses to the right-most column, it should work. It sounds like a bug in the application to me.

And indeed it is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-11760

Won't fix. 

Also, please don't modify the database directly. Lots of very experienced JIRA admins strongly advise against that.

Suggest an answer