Valocity Chart : Impact of Estimate on Tasks during Sprint

Archna_Saxena December 16, 2019

Hi :In a sprint I have Stories (With Story points estimated ) and also I have tasks (NOT with in story) where story points field is not there

So Velocity chart with give details on Stories , how the impact of Estimate on tasks will be shown in Velocity chart

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Archna_Saxena 

The velocity chart is based on story points, so any issue (story, task or any other) which doesn't have story points won't count towards it.

Is there a reason why you're not giving story points to Tasks ?

Archna_Saxena December 24, 2019

Hi I dont see Story point field configured with Issue type as "Task". Story point field comes once I select issue type as "Story"

Please let me know if am  missing something

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Archna_Saxena 

As far as I'm aware, every issue type that is a parent (i.e. see below, the Type is Standard, not Sub-Task) can have a Story Point field. If your Task issue type isn't showing Story Points, it may need to be added to it. 

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Suggest an answer