Validator to grant JUST sub-task creation

fiorellasantopietro September 6, 2017

Hi!

I'd like to grant JUST some users, set as "collaborator" in my project, to create sub-task (so not other issues).

Reading your form, I tried the option to create a specific workflow JUST for my sub-task  (so the other issues have the standard workflow that allows just people with the create permission to create the issues), and I set the create validator to those people that have "Assignable User" permission in my project.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. 

Can you please confirm me that is NOT possible in this way?

I have Cloud Atlassian :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Fiorella

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

The workflow doesn't matter. Permissions are given at the project level. Create, is create any type of issue. There are some clumsy work arounds, but they all let the users get at least part way through creating the issue. Search on issue type security or permissions.

Hi Joe,

thanks a lot for your answer. 

In other words, I have to grant the permission to create to my Collaborator(s) and once they try to click the create button of the issue, it will work just if it is a sub-task because I divided the two workflows with differents validator.

Is it right?

Thanks!

Fiorella

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Not sure what you mean by 'work just as if it is a sub-task' Issue types are divided by regular issues and sub-task type issues. Sub-task issues always have a parent. They ofen have a different workflow, but don't have to. If they have different workflows they will follow that workflow. 

Let me explain me better:
the solution that I found is this one, but I am not so sure that this is the only one and that it is the best one.
I created two workflows:

1) all issues --> only one of the administrators can create it

2) sub-task issues --> if you have the "create" permission you can create it. In this way, Jira shows the "create" button on the top-bar, but, even if you compile all the mandatory fields, if you are not an administrator you can't complete the procedure, in other words, you can't create the issue.

Can you please confirm me that this is the best solution?
Or can you please suggest me another way to rich this result.

Thanks in advance,
Fiorella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events