Vacation Planning / Resource?

Tudor Hofnar January 4, 2017

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to plan vacations per resource in Big Picture (non-enterprise)?

I've tried everything and I can't seem to get this working but maybe I'm just missing something. If I set a week as non working days under BigPicture > Administration > Holiday Plan it applies to all users that are assigned to the Holiday Plan, but I would like that week to only apply to one of the users because its rare that all devs/qa would take vacations at the same time smile

I checked the documentation and noticed that there was a comment asking for this feature in 2015 and SoftwarePlant was working on it but I'm not sure if this was ever released? 

Thanks for the help!

Tudor

2 answers

1 vote
Marek Lewandowski January 4, 2017

Hi,

This is an BP Enterprise feature - standard edition of BigPicture lets you define only a single holiday plan and workload plan. To create multiple ones, you have to be using BigPicture Enterprise.

Please read more here: https://softwareplant.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BP/Administration?src=contextnavpagetreemode

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tudor Hofnar January 5, 2017

Thank you for the prompt response Marek. I signed up for the trial of BigPicture Enterprise so I can try out the holiday plan per resource but I do have a question.

I created a default holiday plan which has all statutory holidays that apply to all users in JIRA. Now I also created separate holiday plans for each team member where each plan shows that team member's vacation. I'm assuming that for this holiday plan to take effect, the JIRA user corresponding to that holiday plan must be assigned to it correct?

If that is the case, when I assign a team member to the plan, and save that plan and then refresh the page, he is no longer assigned to the plan, is there something I am missing? 

Thanks for the help!

JackieB December 11, 2017

Is there any response on this?

I have found that a Resource can be assigned to a Holiday plan or a Custom plan, but not both at the same time.

Christian Munteanu December 6, 2018

As a smaller fix:

You can create a JIRA Task called Holiday and fix it in there. Move it in a column called like that and assign it a red colour.

Also you can create JIRA Tasks for each persons free days. So they appear blocked in the overall view and in the Ressources views.

This should not affect the workload since it will block double bookings. And if there is no "time worked" entered, the overall booked time should not be affected either.

0 votes
Deleted user April 2, 2019

Hi all

This is the way I work with this for the moment:

Holiday plans are only used for common holidays!

I created 3 different holiday plans  (Brussels, Bangalore, Kolkota) with their respective holidays

the individual holiday of a teammember I manage in the workload plan:

I am assigned to a workloadplan having 8h a day from monday till friday

that workload plan is active untill infinity

If I want to take holiday on 15th of april , I go to my workload plan (via Administration/Resource Manager) and in that workload plan I select "Unavailability" with a startdate = 15/04 , click on "Assign" and the unavailability will be infinite (!)

to make it clear I will be back on the 16th of april, I have to select my workloadplan again with a startdate of 16/04 (untill infinity)

it is a bit complex, but once you are used too it works just fine (for now)

I had the same remark in the beginning, and there is an idea to make the wokload plan treatable as a calendar.

But don't know if that is on the backlog

hope this answer can help you

all the best

Ben

Prasad Andrews February 24, 2020

Hi @Tudor Hofnar @Christian Munteanu @JackieB @Marek Lewandowski ,

Am I looking for the same that what Ben is asked, Could you please someone responds to the same.

Regards,

Andrews

Suggest an answer