Users unable to Manage Sprints!

invinci April 3, 2018

Hi,

I am having a strange problem with JIRA permission schemes - specifically "Manage Sprints".

Few of the users are having the same level of permissions set for different projects in Jira, but are experiencing wrong behavior.

Below is the problem with the screenshots:

Project A

projectA_perm.JPGprojectA_Sprint.JPG

Project B

projectB_perm.JPGprojectB_Sprint.JPG

As you can see, the "Complete Sprint" button is greyed out in one of the projects.

I have verified my permissions scheme and security scheme for both projects and nothing seems out of place.

Can anyone tell me what am I missing here?

Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

For Board A (not necessarily project A), are you sure that the board filter only includes issues from one project?

If the board filter contains multiple projects, the user will need manage sprint permissions on every project within the scope of the board. And sometimes if the board filter is too ambiguous, Jira will just not allow anyone to manage sprints, so I always recommend explicitly listing the projects in the JQL filter.

invinci April 4, 2018

Hi Josh,

I have verified the filters and permissions for both the projects, but I am still seeing this behavior. Both the filters are constrained to the projects they belong and and contain simple project clause.

I am not sure what else to verify.

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

See if you can find the sprint in the search.

Hint: by going to the sprint report, you can find the sprint ID in the sprint report,

https://jira.domain.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=541&projectKey=xxxxx&view=reporting&chart=sprintRetrospective&sprint=1915

This example ID is 1915, find yours. The JQL search would be:

sprint = 1915

Once there, find out if any issues in this sprint are in a different project. This frequently happens when issues are moved from one project to another.

invinci April 6, 2018

Hey Josh,

I performed a JQL search from Issue navigator and could not find any other project other than the one included in the filter.

Here is the Filter :- project = "projectName" ORDER BY Rank ASC

Nothing fancy here.

I believe something else is wrong with my Application server. May be Atlassian support can have a look into this.

Thanks for your help in this matter!

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Yeah but there may still be an issue in the sprint that has been moved to a different project.

Suggest an answer