Users cannot assign stories to themselves

Tara Jennings
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2011

I have a project using the default permission scheme. I have set the project role Developer to the group developers and put all of my developers into it. I have give the project role Developer the Assignable User permission.

When stories are created, they are assigned to the project lead by default. Once the individual developer begins work on the story, they are supposed to then assign the story to themselves, however, they do not have the Assign to Me button. Help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2011

Do they have the Assign User permission? Assign and Assignable are 2 different permissions.

Tara Jennings
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2011

Thank you very much! I re-read the documentation and it wasn't very clear if I had to give them both. I was trying to avoid letting people assign items to other devs, but we're such a small team I suppose it won't hurt. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer