Users can't start or stop sprints with Admin and Developer permissions

William Brown September 19, 2019

Jira users can't stop or start a new sprint. The option is greyed out even though they have either Admin and developer permissions. 

Including myself who has Administrator permissions.

1 answer

1 vote
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Hi william,

The developer and admin permissions are not important, you need the Manage Sprints permissions, edit permissión and if I am not mistaken the Schedule Issues permission .

Go into the permissions of your project and check this ones out, sometimes you do not have permissions by default on them, specially on the Schedule Issues.

Regards

William Brown September 24, 2019

I don't see a Schedule Issues permission in the permissions area Only manage sprints which is controlled by the developer and admin. I also have stop and start access on 4 projects where I have admin access. Please advise on where I can find the Schedule issues permissions.

thanks.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hi William, its in the same place as all the other permissions under Resolve Issue, you need this permission too. Do not pay attention to the due date tooltip, this permission its related to scheduling a sprint (starting stoping it). Regardsschedule.png

William Brown September 26, 2019

After review of the schedule issues area. Administrator and Developer are the roles assigned and all users including myself have Admin or developer roles. So this is not the issue. 

Please advise.

thanks.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2019

Hi William, without some screencaps of your configuration it is going to be quite hard to trouble shoot this, as everything related to starting a sprint is related to this permissions.

Regards

William Brown September 30, 2019

We are using the default project theme. the following attachments are from the permissions section of one of our projects. Please let me know if you need additional screen shots of the issue.screeshot-1.PNGscreeshot-2.PNGscreeshot-3.PNGscreeshot-4.PNGscreeshot-5.PNGscreeshot-6.PNGscreeshot-7.PNGscreeshot-8.PNGscreeshot-9.PNG

William Brown September 30, 2019

The last 2 screenshots show the issue that we are having to address.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

Hi William, 

If you are in the Administrators role, or Developer role, everything should be working fine for you to close the Sprint, but make sure you are in those roles, in that project .

I am a little worried about you having permissions with the project lead looking blank, did you delete that or it looks like this? Maybe the permissions are corrupt because you deleted the Project Lead?
Other common issue is that there are more than one project in this board and you only have permissions in one of the projects, does this board appear in multiple projects?

Suggest an answer