User isn't able to add watchers and to use mentions

Tom Jones June 27, 2013

Hi everyone!

I think is a bug, but a very strange one: one user on our JIRA v6 system (me unfortunately) can't add watchers to a ticket or use auto-complete on the @-mentions.

When trying to add a watcher, I don't get auto suggestions and after hitting return I'll get "User does not exist". Even if I add the actual username.

Same goes for mentioning someone in a comment. I can do [~username], but I don't get any auto suggestion. The user then isn't notified via email.

But the really odd thing is that it only happenes for my user. For all other users it seems to work fine...

Many thanks in advance, help is greatly appreciated!!

Tom

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2013

Can you check that you have the right to "browse users" in global permissions?

0 votes
Todd Van Etten August 26, 2013

I am having the same issue and I don't see an option for "browse users" - can someone help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2013

What do you get in your Global Permissions screen then? (You might not have "browse users" if you are on a REALLY old version of Jira, but if it's reasonably recent, then you will have, so we'll need to see what you are getting)

0 votes
Tom Jones June 27, 2013

Yes, that was it!!

Thank you so much! That was bothering me for ~0.5y now :-P

Suggest an answer