User gets notifications he shouldn't get

Hello,

We have a user that receives notifications of every user created or updated in a project. We use the default notification scheme, where only Administrators and Developers roles should get notifications, he has only the user role. I used the notification helper, but according to it he should receive no notification at all. So I am very puzzled about this.

Any idea?

Cheers

9 answers

0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team May 30, 2013

Hi Alvaro

Is the user added into the watcher of the particular issue in the project ? Also can you please check the event of the notification scheme does it include any watcher into it ?

Hello Daryl,

He has received several issue notifications (last one a issue creation), but he is not the watcher in any of them. The notification scheme says a issue creation will notify all watchers, but he is not.

Cheers

Hello Daryl,

He has received several issue notifications (last one a issue creation), but he is not the watcher in any of them. The notification scheme says a issue creation will notify all watchers, but he is not.

Cheers

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 30, 2013

Hi Alvaro,

maybe you entered the email-address of this user in the profile of another user ?

Cheers

Thomas

0 vote

Is it possible that you have a user profile in Jira somewhere who has their email address set to a group email of some sort? One that includes this person as a member?

Hello Thomas,

I checked that and no luck. He is the only person in the Jira DB with that email address.

Cheers

Hello Nic,

I just checked the list of emails of the users that have to be notified and no. We take the user emails from our employee internal LDAP, that information is validated before apearing in LDAP.

Thank you to all of you for the suggestions. I will try to get more information about the problem, as now it seems no possible to happen something like this.

Cheers

0 vote

A group email was worth looking for, as I've seen that a few times.

Might be worth posting a bit more here - copy and paste some exact details here for us to look at. Specifically, the "issue created" line in your notification scheme, and the users groups and roles

Hello to all,

Thank you for all your help. Since my last comment, the user didn't receive any notification. So in my opinion it could be a lot of things, but probably he was in the notification group and before I check he was removed.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

767 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you