User Picker autocomplete not populating

I am using JIRA 7 and my end users (customers) cannot select a person in the User Picker field.  The function works properly for servicedesk agents and administrators but not for end customers that are logged in via Active Directory credentials.

By default, the Browse User global permission originally had access by the Anyone group but I cannot even find that group.  I added Active Directory groups to include Browse User permission access but that did not resolve the issue.

I'm not sure what to try next.

5 answers

I had this same issue. I was able to get this working by following the solution here written by Dryen Galvao: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4310.

 

"I found in the Project settings - > Customer permissions the role Who can customers share requests with? , so I choosed the option Any customer or organization, by searching in this project and the custom field becamed enabled to search users by any customer ."

@Joe Koch Thank you for sharing this I had the same issue with a custom field user picket (single) and that was not mandatory but if the name was not entered correctly it would block the task to be completed by the user.

I vaguely remember there was a bug in early JIRA 7 versions that you might be affected from. 

I'd like to further clarify my issue.  Servicedesk users and Administrators see the user picker field as a drop-down box with the text "Search for a user" in the field.  End user customers see the field as a standard field (not a drop-down) without any default text in the field.

I think the issue is related to the Browse User global permission.  Please see my original issue for details.

 

Brad, were you able to get a resolution to this issue? We are experiencing the same problem on JIRA 7.3.6 with JSD 3.5.0.

Our team has determined a possible workaround is to open up permissions on the SD project, then use issue security to prevent customers from viewing issues. We are using service desks to serve internal teams, but I do not prefer that proposed implementation because it effectively makes all customers agents.

I am getting the same thing on JIRA 7.7.0. It only happens for certain users, although I can't find any pattern to whom it doesn't work for. 

Browse Users permission is properly set, so that shouldn't be an issue. If I restrict the number of users to a relatively small group, it seems to help, but doesn't mitigate the problem. 

I was able to fix this by clearing JIRA's caches using the Scriptrunner built-in script. Restarting my dev instance fixed that. 

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Mar 14, 2019 in Jira

Updates to jira.atlassian.com give you visibility into what's coming in Jira Server and Data Center

Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...

552 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you