User Management Problem upgrading JIRA from 4.1.2 to 6.1.6

Prakhar Srivastav February 3, 2014

Hi Everyone,

We are upgrading our application from JIRA 4.1.2 to 6.1.6. I have a query regarding User Management in JIRA.

In JIRA 4.1.2 user management is done by following tables : userbase,propertyentr,groupbas,membershipbase,userhistoryitem

In JIRA 6.1.6 user management is done by Crowd tables :

CWD_USER,CWD_GROUP etc.

But in JIRA 6.1.6 tables of JIRA 4.1.2 is also present. I want to know whether JIRA 6 is making use of these tables and if yes then how? and how do i migrate userhistoryitem data?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

It depends on how you are doing user management as to whether it uses the tables or not.

But, it doesn't matter. If you are upgrading properly, it will deal with it for you, you do not need to think about it.

Thanks Nic,

I am using internal directory with Ldap authentication and it's working. The normal steps for upgrade didn't worked for me as database back up failed so I have to do all the things manually.(Also I am using WAR distribution)

I have checked and the application is using Crowd tables for User Management.I was just wondering if I just didn't miss or loose any data on those User tables as they may be getting used anywhere else.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

"The normal steps for upgrade" - if these aren't working, you really should be investigating why, rather than trying to fix little bits of data.

0 votes

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events