User Count for Pricing

Hi there,

how is the number of users calculated for the pricing model? I connected an ondemand instance to our google apps for business account (which helds 64 Accounts at the moment) but only 9 Users are actually using the ondemand jira. Can you confirm, that only active users are counted for the pricing model?

Cheers,

Jérôme

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Sorry for the late answer. Thx 4 replying that fast. Everything is clear now.

0 votes

Any user who is able to login to JIRA is considered active (jira-users group by default). You can control this by global permissions.

And how can I prevent, that 64 User are purchased? Do I have to delete them on the global permissions tab?

Remove those users from the group that you have used in the "JIRA Users" global permissions. The group name is "users" by default in onDemand but you can add a different group if you want. Else make sure the "users" group has only 9 members!

In that case, remove "Any" and add "users" back.

Ok, I have the group "Any" where all possible google accounts are listed. In the group "users" are only those 9 people that followed my invitation.

Yes, ofcourse. You can define who can access your instance.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,953 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you