Upgrading Jira 4.3 to 5.x the installer says No direcotry found in the specified location.

Scott Adamcik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2012

When running the auto upgrade package in Linux I get to the point where it identifies the existing install directory, but then it stats that "No directory found in specified location".

I've tried actually typing in the user/local/JIRA/atlassian-jira location and hitting enter but get the same error. I imagine this is somethat that has been seen before but I did not see anything related when I searched the forum.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is the output of the install screen so far.

Existing installation directory:

[/usr/local/JIRA]

No directory found in specified location

Finishing installation ...

root@Manticore:/usr#

1 answer

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2012

You will need to locate the JIRA installation directory of your existing installation and enter that when the installer prompt you for "existing installation directory"(http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/JIRA+Installation+Directory). If you are currently using a soft link for your installation directory, make sure you specify the actual physical location.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events