Upgrading JIRA from 4.4 to 6.1

Abhi Vaishnav [X] January 24, 2014

I upgraded JIRA in my test environment and the only thing I see is one of the project lead's cannot administer the project they are the lead of (doesn't see the administrator tab and can't create new release versions within that project).

Is that because the user is not part of the jira-administrators group? Do they need to be in it (in the new JIRA) in order to administer projects - even if they are the leads? The same user can administer the project in JIRA 4.4 so I'm a little worried/confused as to why they can't in the new JIRA... any tips?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2014

Should work! I am sure you have seen the documentation page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Role+Membership

At this point my advice is remove the user from the project administration role and then add it again.

Run the system integrity check as well to see any errors.

Look at the log file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2014

Agreed - just don't get bogged down in the "jira-administrators" stuff - that is about *system* permissions. You need to check for *project* permissions.

Start with the project permission scheme - it sounds like your permission scheme is missing "administrate project: Project Lead"

0 votes
Abhi Vaishnav [X] January 30, 2014

OK, after upgrading the production system, everything seems to be running just fine.

Thank you guys for the answes - guess it was to just run the upgrade.

Suggest an answer