Upgrade from 5.2.10 to 6.4 plugin issues.

I am going to upgrade JIRA 5.2 to JIRA 6.4. I am upgrading manually.

What i did is install new JIRA. Import the XML back up. All data is imported successfully in new JIRA and it is running perfectly fine. Hurrah! smile

But when i point JIRA home to old on problems begins. sad

When i start jira  it  stucks here [atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (23):

It start from 49 plugins and hangs at 23. I have read all the articles and done all the remedies.

1. Disable antivirus
  2. Remove plugin cache from JIRA home
  3. Setting these parameters -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
  4. Increasing plugin load time -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=30000000

Ya it is 30000000 smile

Some one has any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

Hi Ahmed,

Did you check Add-On Compatibility before Upgrading JIRA from 5.2 to 6.4 ?

0 vote

Please attempt to start JIRA without the plugins. For that, remove all files out of $JIRA_Home/plugins/installed-plugins folder. After that start JIRA.

0 vote
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jun 05, 2015

5.2 to 6.4 includes the major version bump from 5 to 6.  To paraphrase the Java API Policy for JIRA, These major version jumps are our way of declaring that we are making significant changes to the API that are likely to break plugins and it is very likely that the plugins you installed that work against 5.2 will use deprecated API methods that we removed in 6.0.

Since 6.0 has been out for quite some time, now, it is very likely that all of the plugins you are using have released new versions that support it – you just need to identify which plugins are causing trouble and upgrade them.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot