Unable to view tickets in Jira after upgrade

Andy Kress January 30, 2018

After upgrade to version 7.7, I am unable to browse to the project tickets.  I am able to login to the system, view the dashboard, however I get the 500 error. 

I tried the solution identified in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/404-Oops-you-ve-found-a-dead-link-after-JIRA-update-to-7-4-3/qaq-p/643079  which caused the site to display all blank pages. 

I am working to create the support.zip now so if there are specific logs that are needed please ask and any help is appreciated.

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

Hi Andy,

The link you shared is not working.

Also did you do the upgrade in a Dev environment? Did you check the plugins compatibility with your new version?

Can you share with us the steps you followed for your upgrade?

The upgrade process:

Ran the compatibility check

Ran the addon/plugin check

Stopped all services

Ran the binary

I can restore the prod environment to backups from Sunday however I would like to know if this is going to be a problem moving forward or not.  Is there a place I can upload the support zip?

thanks

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

Is it affecting right now your business? Is this happening in Prod? If yes please open a High Priority ticket with Atlassian by clicking here

We will love to help as long as your business is not affected.

Thanks for the help and I think I am going to open a ticket.  Its not currently affecting PROD but will in the coming days.

Thanks

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018
  • What DB are you using? 
  • Which version did you upgrade from?
  • Is everything showing properly? Dashboards, Menus?
  • Can you access the Admin Console?

I was just able to initially correct the problem I am seeing in my dev environment.  The setup is running:

DB is - MariaDB <--which has been working since I installed it vers 6

Upgrade from 7.6.x to 7.7

- Everything was showing up until I would try to access one specific project all others worked

- Yes I can access the admin console

The initial resolution (not declaring victory yet), was downgrading the mariadb jdbc driver from 2.2.1 to 2.2.0.  After that I am able to access the project as expected.  

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018

Thanks so much for taking time to share this info! Glad to learn that you found a turnaround.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi Andy,

Do you have any logs being thrown in atlassian-jira.log while trying to access those pages?

If so, could you copy/paste them here for us to try and identify the reason why it's showing an error 500?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the add-ons which all are identifying as compatible.

The specific error I am setting is:

In 'print' tag, expression "$sidebarContent" evaluates to undefined

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2018

Can you please go through your installed add-ons and make sure that all the modules are enabled?

Also what's the error you are seeing on the logs?

Suggest an answer