Unable to view Administrator Menu

Deepti Rao February 26, 2018

I have setup new JIRA 7.3.4 under trial.

http://vm-eg-jiraapp01.gso.gilbarco.com:8080/secure/WelcomeToJIRA.jspa

However, I am unable to view any Administrator menu after logging in.

Do I need to reinstall this setup?

2 answers

0 votes
Deepti Rao February 28, 2018

We are still in the configuration phase.

I might have given incorrect Administrator login details during setup. Is there a way to update that record with correct Admin credentials, basically email id and password..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

How far through "configuration" have you got?

Deepti Rao March 1, 2018

We just completed LDAP and SMTP configurations, both are working fine.

We wish to upgrade one of our JIRA instances from 5.2.7 to 7.3.4

We have create this new environment for the same with trial license. We haven't started any import yet.

We have almost completed configurations. Also, I might have given incorrect Administrator login details during setup. Is there a way to update that record with correct Admin credentials.

We have plugins that need to be installed with existing licenses.

We also plan to import the existing integrations, however I have learnt that there might be version conflict betewen JIRA and the integrations. How can we achieve a smooth transition.

I want all the projects imported one by one to make sure I don't import any unnecessary/irrelevant data (Especially deleted records of any kind)

Could you kindly guide me the best way to proceed from here.  Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

No, you just need to log in as the admin that you created when you set it up.

Deepti Rao February 28, 2018

Thanks! When I clicked report problem link, the admin menu started appearing just fine.

Suggest an answer