Unable to update custom field customfield_10754 - Resolution in issue

prabhui September 10, 2013

My Workflow Having Re-Open option, when i click Re-Open button, the window would be open, after i enter comment, i could not able to submit the screen, Its throwing errro : " Unable to update custom field customfield_10754 - Resolution in issue [USPQRM-52]."

Can you please provide solution ?

14 answers

0 votes
prabhui September 11, 2013

sorry. Thanks. will post new question.

0 votes

sorry. Thanks. will post new question.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

Please stop posting about other questions. That is not the way to get any help.

Like # people like this
0 votes
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

I tend to stay away from the javascript ones, it's probably my weakest area in Atlassian products, and there are better qualified and more expert people out there for you.

0 votes
0 votes
0 votes
0 votes

hi Nic Brough, Thanks for your information. have completed all work.

if possible, can you please provide my suggestion my another Question

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/210900/behaviours-plugin-create-issue-page-custom-field-value-not-refersh

0 votes

yes. its view page screen display. i did proper status as well as corresponding resolution changes also. its working. got it.

0 votes

Thanks a lot. Got it read only workflow.

0 votes

VIEW SCREEN : Regarding "Resolution line status center of screen", Do we need to display "Resoluion Field status" in each and every status changes ? example : 1. Status=Open, Resoluution=UnResolved, 2. Status="InPRogress, Resoluvion='UnResolved", 3. status="Resolvd" , REsolvuion='FIxed".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2013

Ok, so you're telling me the field appears when you look at an issue? That's what we need to know.

You shouldn't need to worry about it being on-screen much, all we need to know is if it is valid for the project and issue type. Try editing the issue and check you get the field offered to you?

0 votes

i had resolution solution custom filed in my resolve issue screen, i removed that custom filed. Becuase i dont want to use the resoltion custom field. Anyway, i am going to look all things whatever you provide. Thanks,

View Screen, I Could not able to see "View Workflow" option, earlier it was showing "View WorkFlow Icon", when we click autmatically we can see our project workflow right. how can i enable ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2013

You need to have "view workflow" permission in the permission scheme for the project you are in.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2013

You need to look at the configuration of the workflow. It sounds like you have set up a workflow post-function that tries to set the "resolution in issue" field to something, but you have configured the field to be unavailable to the project.

I am guessing though, it's just a hunch. To confirm this, could you check whether the field is valid for the project and issue type: First, does the field appear at any time? Create or Edit on the issue?. If not, then next look in the list of all custom fields and check it's context, then check the field configuration.

Once you've checked those you need to move into the workflow and look at the "re open" transition. Check it's post-functions tab. Even if there's nothing unusual in there, make a note of the "event" line - you need to look at "listeners" next, and they work off events, so you'll want to check against the events they may be picking up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events