Unable to publish any workflows to the workflow scheme of a certain project

Tasneem Bhyat February 25, 2020

Hi All

I am hoping that someone would kindly be able to assist please. Within a JIRA instance there are a few projects. One of which has over a million issues in it. When I publish a workflow to an existing scheme or switch schemes for any of the smaller projects, I have no issue. BUT, when trying to do the same on the large project, it processes for just over an hour, then I get this "Another page that says 'Secure Connection Failed", with this url https://<servernam>/secure/project/SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2!default.jspa?draftMigration=true&projectId=10010&schemeId=15202"...

This could be a 'timeout' exception.

There are no errors in any of the logs.  sql logging was enabled as well during the process, but it was looking fine, until a certain point where you no longer seen related lines for SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2...an example is

/secure/project/SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2!default.jsp
a 1144ms "SELECT JI.ID FROM public.jiraissue JI INNER JOIN public.OS_WFENTRY WE ON JI.WORKFLOW_ID = WE.ID WHERE
((JI.issuetype='10202') AND (JI.PROJECT IN ('10010') )) AND (WE.NAME <> xxx' )"

Any assistance in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you

Tasneem

2 answers

0 votes
Tasneem Bhyat February 25, 2020

Hi there

It was my suspicion as well that there are too many issues, hence the timeout. I again attempted to do the publishing. This time with Chrome as the browser. Earlier was Firefox.

The publishing went past the first step with no timeouts at all, and within a few minutes. Then on the second step, it timed out after a little while..but it still continued in the background, as I noted in the logs. Eventually after about an hour or so, it completed successfully.I do understand that the number of issues is a problem.

We will look at  possibly archiving in the near future. Even though, the workflow published, I wonder why it no longer works in Firefox, whereas previously I only used Firefox?

Thank you for your reply.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

Tasneem,

Looks like the database is just timing out because of all the issues it is pulling back in order to associate it with the new workflow.  You might look at increasing the resources if it is a VM and seeing if that helps.  Is there a reason that you have over a million issues in a single project?  Can you archive or delete any of those issues?

Suggest an answer