Unable to login remote with local-admin, but LDAP users can

Dennis Allen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2012
I am not able to login with my admin account from the internal User Directory
  • I have only the initial administrator created in the Internal User Directory
  • I have added a MS Active Directory User Directory and added 4 users from there
    • I used the same name for an initial administrator as a user from Active Directory, but different passwords
    • Chould this be the issue?
    • I changed to have the same password, no change
  • I can access the JIRA login page remotely
  • I can login as a user from the MS Active Directory
  • I cannot login remotely as the initial administrator
    • If I enter an incorrect password, I get the expected error prompt
    • If I enter the correct password, the login form clears but nothing else happens
  • I can login locally from the server as the initial admin
  • In both cases I am using the IP address for the site
    • I did change the default port from 8080 to 80 when I installed.
    • Firewall has been turned off until this is solved

Suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012

Hi Dennis,

Having a local admin with the same username as someone in AD will be the problem.

Have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Administrator+Cannot+Login+After+Reordering+User+Directories for options on resolving. Basically you need to temporarily disable the AD directory, change/recreate the local admin user making sure you use a username that is not in AD and re-enable the AD directory.

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Dennis Allen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2012

Perfect. I've cheated a bit and set the internal directory as active=0 from the database and documented in the wiki how to turn this back on in case we loose our AD admins.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events