Unable to hit jira api from jenkins

Gereth Dittrick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2019

getting 

No JIRA site configured with <URL_HERE> name.

when running 

jiraAddComment site: '<URL_HERE>', idOrKey: 'ticketId', input: "test comment"

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Gereth Dittrick,

is it correct, that you are using JIRA Pipeline Steps plugin?

Do you have the possibility to check authentication configuration in Jenkins?

https://jenkinsci.github.io/jira-steps-plugin/getting-started/config/authentication/

You can also perform the connection check from the configuration site (using Test connection button).

The parameter site is optional - is it neccessary to override global JIRA_SITE variable? Did you try to skip it?

Gereth Dittrick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2019

Hello Hana, yes this is the Jira Steps Plugin. The test connect button shows a successful connection but when trying to invoke the plugin with a job i get the above error. I did try omitting the site variable but the JIRA_SITE env variable is empty/null with the specific error

ERROR: No JIRA site configured with null name.
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

Hi @Gereth Dittrick ,

I would recommend you to contact the vendor of the Jira Steps Plugin, described behaviour looks like a bug to me.

Maksim Seleverstov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 1, 2021

If the problem is still relevant, try using the following script in Jenkinspipeline to contact JIRA and make comment to Issue TSP-26:

script {
  withEnv(['JIRA_SITE=JIRA-Test']) {
  def comment = [ body: 'Test comment from Jenkins' ]
  jiraAddComment idOrKey: 'TSP-26', input: comment
}

where JIRA_SITE=JIRA-Test is predefined Jira site in Jenkins system settings:

2021-02-02_073428.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer