Unable to find the Add User button in the Users page in Jira 4.4.5

Harish October 16, 2012

Hi Team,

I am Unable to find the Add User button in the Users page in Jira 4.4.5.

I have the Jira Admin role. I have created 164 users so far. We have the Evaluation license enabled ( unimited users ).

Iwas able to create users till recently. ANd now i do not find the Add user button.

Same is with the Add group option.

Please suggest what would have gone wrong .

Thanks,Harish

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi Harish,

Remember you have turned "External User Management" On. Which means you chose not to handle adding users, changing passwords etc in JIRA.

Harish October 16, 2012

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks a load!

You are right, the 'External User Management' option was made ON and after that the Add User button got disabled.

Now i have made the External User Management option as 'OFF' and then the Add User button is enabled.

Thanks again. You are great man!

However, the 'External User Management' was made 'ON' so the i can disable the 'Cant Access your account' link in the login page. Any workaround for this.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Harish.da.fb@gmail.com

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2012

Check your evaluation end date too - I have a feeling you can't add users after the end of the evaluation. (Or do some other stuff)

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Moreover, when you have a internal directory configured to authenticate against ldap, why are you creating users manually. They are automatically added to the jira-users group upon their first login.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2012

I suggest going through the administrator documentation on user management available at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/User+and+Group+Management

Suggest an answer