Unable to enable ScriptRunner add=on

Aswini Rajasekaran December 12, 2018

Hi all, hope I can get some answers here.

We were running JIRA DataCenter 7.0.0 (RHEL) version and upgraded the Test Instance of the same to 7.12.0. As usual many add-ons were incompatible and all the add-ons are upgraded now except Atlassian REST API Browser (which is incompatible with DC version) and Scriptrunner. I tried multiple versions of Scriptrunner from 5.4.43 to 5.4.28, but nothing works. The error in catalina.out while enabling ScriptRunner is as below.

ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 73 ERROR 58292 826x12173x1 z9ympf 10.30.91.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner-key [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the plugin container for plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner'
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'restEndpointManager': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 1 of type [com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunner]: Error creating bean with name 'scriptRunnerImpl': Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.VerifyError: Bad <init> method call from inside of a branch
Exception Details:
com/onresolve/scriptrunner/runner/JoinClassLoader.<init>(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/util/List;)V @135: invokespecial
Reason:
Error exists in the bytecode

I downloaded the Scriptrunner for Data Center version for the lower versions.

I tried restarting JIRA, removing the plugin caches etc too and none worked.

Appreciate if you can help me at the earliest and thanks in advance

Thanks,

Aswini

1 answer

0 votes
Aswini Rajasekaran December 12, 2018

I tried restarting JIRA, removing the plugin caches etc too and none worked.

Suggest an answer