Unable to do statistics for the Green Hopper Field "Sprint" inside the "Two Dimentional Gadget"

Rosy Salameh July 16, 2014

Hi,

I need to include the GreenHopper field "Sprint" to the list of values in XAxis and YAxis in the Two Dimentional Gadget to be able to get statistics on it.

After checking the code of this gadget and more specifically in the function Map<String, String> getValues() in StatisticTypesResource.Java of this gadget, I found below:

final List<CustomField> customFieldObjects = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects();

for (CustomField customField : customFieldObjects)

{

if (customField.getCustomFieldSearcher() instanceof CustomFieldStattable)

{

allValues.put(customField.getId(), i18n.getText(customField.getName()));

}

}

We are adding all custom fields where the condition (customField.getCustomFieldSearcher() instanceof CustomFieldStattable) is satisfied.

For the "Sprint" field, this condition is not satisfied, that's why, it doesn't appear inside the list.

Is there a way to force enabling this property to the "Sprint" so , the condition will be met in that case?

Thanks,

Rosy

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

That's not really a property, the "stattable" thing is a set of functions that apply to known-length lists of options. Sprints are not a known-length list (the list can grow rapidly and arbitrarily)

The usual workaround for non-stattable fields is to script or code a field that duplicates the data into a stattable field (although these can fall over when the list gets a bit long, and it's a disaster when it's done for text fields)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events